We are excited to announce that our campaign has been endorsed by Oakland/Macomb NOW, The National Organization for Women.
“I am honored to receive the endorsement and proud to share the progressive values and goals of Oakland/Macomb NOW in advancing their mission for racial, gender and sexual equality.”
In addition to working toward racial, gender and sexual equality, the mission of Oakland/Macomb NOW includes:
- Protecting women’s right to choose,
- Access to universal healthcare for all,
- Fair, equal and livable wages for all,
- Protecting the rights of and ending violence against the LGBTQIA community, and
- Ending violence against women.
Oakland/Macomb NOW is a chapter of Michigan NOW founded in 1969 by Patricia Hill Burnett and Marj Jackson Levin. NOW’s purpose is to take action to” bring women into full participation in the mainstream of American society now, exercising all privileges and responsibilities thereof in truly equal partnership with men. NOW is the largest multi-issue feminist advocacy group in the United States and Michigan.”